The days of taking evangelical support for Israel for granted are over. As they are increasingly confronted with an evangelical-friendly, anti-Israel narrative, more and more of these Christians are turning against the Jewish state.
The basis of the proposed Union shall be a federation that ensures a Jewish state and a Palestinian state with security, equality and respect for all citizens regardless of religion, gender, race or ethnicity.
This book is an appeal to those [Muslims] who are chasing the mirage of an Islamic State. I hope they can reflect on the futility of their endeavour and instead focus on achieving the state of Islam. Islamists working for the establishment of an Islamic State are headed in the wrong
- Jewish cultural prosperity in the middle ages operated in large part as a function of Muslim, Arabic cultural and prosperity: when Muslim Arabic culture thrived, so did that of the Jews; when Muslim Arabic culture declined, so did that of the Jews.
- The Persian Gulf is currently in the midst of one of the largest arms races it has ever known. The chief motivation for it is Iran’s progress on its nuclear program and the possibility that Arab Gulf states will be in the line of fire in any future conflict
- "Turkey in 2010 is not the same Turkey as a decade ago." It has made vast strides in extending its economic and political weight far beyond its traditional sphere of influence.
Algeria voted in favor of a moratorium on the use of the death penalty and seven other Arab countries abstained in 2008. Four of them changed their vote from no in 2007.
- Can the Arab world become a major contributor to the advancement of the sciences, as it once was many centuries ago? Does it need to? If so, how best to go about it?
Syrian philosopher discusses state of religious thought in the Muslim world, democracy in Turkey and in Arab countries, Hizbullah and the 2006 war, and the role of the intellectual in Syria and the Arab world.
- In recent months, Iran has been making efforts to renew diplomatic relations with Egypt. Relations between the two countries were cut off in 1981 by the founder of Iran's Islamic regime Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, in protest against Egypt's peace agreement with Israel, and following Egypt's granting of political asylum to the deposed Shah.
- For the first time in its history, the Muslim Brotherhood movement would publicize its political platform. The following is a draft of the Platform
- The idea of "Islamic government" is a myth created by the power-hungry to subdue Muslims and non-Muslims alike to benefit exclusively those who rule.
- In the here and now, that enemy is militant Islam - a very particular practice and interpretation of a very particular set of religious, political
- 9/11 was not the only terrorist plot to benefit from lax enforcement of ordinary immigration controls-every major Al-Qaeda attack or conspiracy in
- Arab antisemitism is not rooted in legends, such as Jesus' crucifixion, rather in the actual conflict in Palestine.